Sunday, November 18, 2012

My Reading Highlights 11/11 - 11/17

I haven't had much time to catch up on many interesting articles this week.   Here are a few that I found interesting.

Is Trend Following Dead

This was a pretty lengthy read which probably suck all the available time I had to find other interesting topics but I thought it was an interesting discussion on Managed Futures.  In other terms predictive analytics.  This article comes from an commodity investment point of view and provides some valuable thoughts in following the trend line and when trends are not the best indicator due to volatility   

Now THIS is the 'Right Way' to Start a Company

Having started my own business and knowing all too well the pains that go along with it I found this Business Insider post pretty spot on.  I agree with the characteristics they pointed out as the right approach when talking about a new start up called Percolate:
There are a few things Gross and Brier did in their startup's earliest days that set them up for success.
  • They each worked for marketing companies before founding Percolate.
  • When they had enough knowledge and industry connections, they quit.
  • They bootstrapped until they proved their model.
  • The used outside capital to step on the gas.



No comments:

Post a Comment