Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Interesting Interview on Predictive Analytics - CUE

Last year I was using Friday quite a bit. Friday basically logged your day from the use of your mobile phone.  The idea is that if you know how you spend your time you can optimize what you do in a better way.   It is billed as a personal assistant sometimes but the power is in the analytics it performs.  It did give me some insights that were interesting but I'm not sure I got the full potential out of the idea.

I recently bought a Nexus 7 with Jelly Bean installed.  It has a great new feature called Google Now which I really like.  It basically provides you "cards" that anticipate what you want to know.  It is invasive and requires you to give it access to your other Google services e.g. Calendar and Chrome searches, but it works pretty well.  I'll blog about that more later.

I came across another similar tech called Cue.  It is only available for the iPhone.  Here is an interesting YouTube interview from Scoble that is worth watching.  There are some interesting discussions on the topic of predictive analytics to help you with your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment