Saturday, July 2, 2011

Taking Friday for a Spin

I recently received a private Alpha invite to try out Friday, an Android application made by Dexetra, http://goo.gl/42auo .  Dexetra is a private company located in Cochin, India and primarily focus on smartphone platforms such as Andriod, iPhone, Symbian and Blackberry. 

Friday http://goo.gl/2r0RR is a logger for your activity with your phone.  It basically logs places your go, the calls you make, the chats / SMS messages you make, pictures and locations you take, etc.  Overtime it becomes a journal of your activities and allows you to recall events such as what did I do in Denver.  To do this you have to give Friday access to everything on your phone which is a bit scary but required to provide you detailed analytics of your daily patterns.

Two things I find that are fairly interesting to me, although not very useful are:
  • Hourly Profiles
  • Daily Trivia facts

The hourly Profiles basically shows how many calls, sms, mails messages, places, and lists over a 24 hour period.  You can see when you get the highest call volume or receive the most emails daily.  It is interesting to see over a daily period when you have spikes in activities.  The question is how can I sue this information to have a  more balance profile.  


The daily trivia facts is just kind of fun.  Facts like that I have the highest emails on Monday and the lowest on Tuesday or that the majority of calls from X are never answered.  BTW I know I never answer those calls.  It’s just fun facts about your daily habits.

Since I just started with Friday my plan is to have it monitor my work life over the next month and then see if I find utility in using it.  So more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment